This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Brylie is 8 months old!!!

Yesterday (Friday) was Brylie's 8 month birthday! Here are some of the pics I shot of her yesterday (I'm still getting through them, so I may post more later.........)



She demolished the butterfly pretty quickly, so he only got in on a couple of shots!
I just love this next one -- she sure did ham it up! hehe


This next one kind of spoke to me, if you will, asking for this treatment. I think it really makes her beautiful eyes stand out!



I don't know why I love yawn pictures too, but I do!


We also had her weighed and measured, and here's what we found out: She weighed 19lb 3 oz (70th percentile ~ +4 oz from last month) and measured 26 1/4" (25th percentile ~ + 1/2" from last month). She also "decided" to pop a tooth through yesterday! I had just checked on Thursday to see if there was anything there and nope - but we were at White Grandma's yesterday and she was asking about it, and sure enough! She's leery about anyone sticking their finger in to feel, I suspect it's still pretty sore! She also tried to get her legs up underneath her yesterday -- first time attempting that! I know it won't be long and she'll be mobile! YIKES!!!

Other observations I've had this month:
~ more receptive to solids.....still LOVES the oatmeal, still HATES carrots and sweet potatoes! Seems to be ok with applesauce, pears, peas.........didn't care for bananas (although the baby food bananas smelled like they wouldn't taste great, so we'll try with "real" bananas soon). Tried the little baby puffs (kind of like rice crispies only not quite as hard) and seems to like those fine.

~ Knows what the sippy cup and regular cup are for, and gets quite excited when she sees it and is thirsty

~ When the volume level in the house increases (even just from Mike and I conversing) she gets her two cents in, and a lot louder too! Somehow it seems Mommy and Daddy simply aren't supposed to talk (between the three of them)? hehe

~ Can entertain herself for a bit with a toy or toes

~ Tells Jazlyn and Peyton when she's had enough smothering or doesn't like what they're doing

~ Gets sing-y (so funny!)

~ Is pretty well done with the swing.......although she likes the motion, it's simply boring now

~ Gets bored, and shows it! When she's had enough, she lets out a big sigh and starts looking around for something else to do

~ Grabs and gets into and investigates ANYTHING she can gets her hands on! If she can reach it, watch out, it'll be demolished in a hurry! hehe

~ Likes to be outside and can get sidetracked by the trees blowing or cars passing by, but doesn't care for the feel of grass

~ Loves to splash and play in the water, at least until the water gets in her ears, then she'll make some funny faces!

Those are the things that stand out to me the most.......I'll admit that we've snuck her some tastes of chocolate homemade ice cream, and boy howdy do we love it!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, those photos are just to stinkin cute!!!!

Darcy said...

What a cutie!! the Yawn is AWESOME!! talk about action photo! hehehe!

Cheryl said...

Your little one is adorable, I really love the vintage tinted photo...all of them are great tho. nice work!

Anonymous said...

What adorable shots of Brylie. They are great
mmikes

xashee's corner said...

OMGOODNESS these pix are as cute as can be! they remind me of that book, Anne Geddes, Down in the Garden! it's filled with pix like this!! GREAT job and oh sooooooo sweet! tfs :)

Unknown said...

Oh My! How precious are those pictures!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........