Brylie's 9 month stats and more.......
I still haven't captured pictures I like to represent Brylie at 9 months old, so I figured I'd just go ahead and share her happenings and such!
At her 9 month checkup she was 27" long (that's 1" more than at 8 months) and 20lbs (up 12 ounces)..........so she's obviously growing like a weed!
Everything looked good except her head measurement jumped quite a bit.........I seriously think it's just how her head is shaping, but we'll keep an eye on it just in case. Dr didn't see any reason that there would be neurological problems.
She's discovered the world of mobility, not through crawling just yet, but rolling. Especially at mom and dad's she likes to roll across the living room floor to get to the toy box, or to roll over to the entertainment center and pull on the door handles.
She is such a busy body!!!! She's GOT to be doing something constantly!!! If she doesn't then she gets bored and gets into mischief........like when we were at walmart and I was looking at something with Mike and the kids, she reached across to the other side of the isle and knocked down a bottle of carpet cleaner (which of course broke open and spilled everywhere!). Nothing is safe anymore, as whatever she gets a hold of gets pretty well destroyed by the time you can pry it out of her little (but strong) hands! hehe............I keep a TON of toys, lids, board books, etc in the diaper bag because she gets bored with them pretty quickly.............I AM AFRAID!
Brylie continues to be such a happy baby! Always smiling and putting on the charm (which helps her when she gets into things..........), although she still doesn't like strangers touching her, and she'll give them a look as to say "Are you touching me????".........
Such a chatter box she is!!! Is definately saying Dada, and when you tell her to tell Dada bye, she'll repeat Dada as she waves her hands bye (at herself)........it is so stinking cute! I keep trying to catch just the right picture of her doing that.....
She has two teeth now, the second one popped through June 28th, and you can see them both really well now!
Her little mirror is our best friend some days! She could sit and talk to herself for quite a long time! She doesn't like a lot of things touching her feet -- biggest fit I've ever seen her throw when Howie (our little dog) licked her feet! hehe.........Didn't like all the racket at the fairgrounds, but was really in awe of the fireworks on the fourth..........LOVES homemade ice cream!
I know I'm missing stuff but I'll have to through that in as time goes on!
Here's what we've been doing the last few days:
We're tearing out the walls and ceiling of the "enclosed porch" (aka wasp farm, Howie's shelter, and worthless square footage).........we'll just use the cement slab as a nice patio. We have some friends that gave us some new sliding glass doors to put between the "toy room" and the patio, so we'll finally get to start using our backyard more. I'm so excited!!! Hopefully we can get a new patio set when they start going on clearance! WAHOO!!! Peyton has been quite the "Bob the Builder" throughout the project, with his hard hat on and delegating jobs! Everyday we work on it he says "Guys! I think if we work hard we can get this done today!" hehe.........
Peyton and Jazlyn had a good time riding the rides during the freedom fest last week. Peyton rode the farris wheel 3 times, Jazlyn went down the big slides once, and they both rode the merry-go-round 2 or 3 times and the tilt-a-whirl once (not even -- they freaked out when they went around so fast that they had the guy stop and let them off! lol)..........there was quite a crowd out there!



Then we came home and got started making up the homemade ice cream to eat during the fireworks, and family came over. We were all disappointed in the show this year, but still enjoyed each other's company!
That's about all I have time for right now! Thanks for looking!










1 comment:
It looks like you and your family have been very busy and having a lot of fun!
Post a Comment