This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Peyton's first day of school!!!

Oh my did 6am come EARLY this morning!!! Peyton is such a piddly kid in the morning, we knew we'd have to get him up early.

Six o'clock this morning I turned on the shower and went in to wake him up (if the shower's already started he'll get in there quicker cause he knows he'll run out of hot water if he waits too long!)...........I went into the kitchen and started breakfast. Soon I asked Mike if he went in the shower, so he went to check.........he saw Peyton start to get in the shower, then get out and head back to bed! lol.........Mike told him he needed to get into the shower, and he said "It's too early!!!" Mike said yep, but you need to get in and get ready for school, to which he replied "Is school this early??????", Mike said yep, and he said "Oohhhhhhhh" and got in, lol..........only to have to get sent back in because he just stood under the water, instead of using soap -- BOYS!!!


Anyway, the closer he got to getting around, the more nervous he was........

...but he sat right down and socialized!

I'm sure we'll have lots to talk about when he gets home! They're on heat schedule today and tomorrow, so he'll get out at 12:30, which is a nice transition.

I did ok until we went to leave him.......I just had to give him a quick shoulder hug and kiss on the cheek (Mike didn't want me to emberass him, lol) and go........I could've bawled right there in the gym, but I sucked it up. I totally felt like I was just abandoning him........ugh........

They had an open house on Monday where he could go in, get fitted for his desk, put his supplies away, etc...........
Here he is with his teacher, Mrs. Smith:


Peyton took an apple for Mrs Smith today (had to pair it with some caramel dip -- she's got a sweet tooth too! hehe -- nice knowing her so well, I know what she likes, lol):


Some of you may remember when I did daycare and watch a little girl named Emily? Mrs. Smith is her mom. It makes it interesting when he knows several of these people by their first names, to change to Mrs or Mr, hehe.........

It will be interesting to see how he handles school lunches...........most of them aren't made for big eaters!!! Guess that's my update for now -- may post later what his response is, hehe........

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........