This week at the Fenner's
Friday October 19th Jazlyn cheered with 75 other "Little Cheerleaders" after a week-long clinic that the GHS cheerleaders put on for kids PreK-6th grade. They performed 1 cheer and one dance at half time of the Goodland/Huguton football game! Jazlyn was so excited, and a bit nervous I think!


Having been the "little cheerleader" as a grade-schooler and the "big cheerleader" in high school, I was thrilled that she wanted to do it, and most of all that she enjoyed it :)
Peyton got back his fall school portraits this week! I'm happy with them. I asked the photographer to be sure and capture his teeth (or lack thereof) and that he blinked just at the thought of a flash. I think she did well with my requests!
I gave in and let Brylie self-feed her mac'n'cheese this week. She had a ball with it, smearing it in her hair and all over -- but when she was ready to be cleaned up, she was ready NOW! hehe..........I'm calling it the Mac'n'cheese Mug, hehe........

We did our annual Halloween pictures yesterday (while it was still fairly nice out)........Peyton is going to be a 60's/70's dude, Jazlyn decided Wednesday morning that she wanted to be a cheerleader, and Brylie is sporting the pumpkin costume that her big brother wore when he was 5 months old............
Jazzy in her cheering get-up!

Peyton with his 'fro wig, tie dye shirt, and shades........hehe.........oh and did you see the pik stuck in his hair? I think the guy beside him must be from that era too ;)

We also carved our pumpkins yesterday. This was the first time we'd used patterns to make a specific design. Interesting!


Peyton's pumpkin had such thick walls that Mike couldn't get his hand in to help Peyton get all the guts out, so I pitched in.........


Here's Mike's Grim Reaper:
(I apologize for the blurry photos -- gotta get me a tripod)
(I apologize for the blurry photos -- gotta get me a tripod)

Peyton's Thomas the Tank Engine carving:
(it was a lop sided pumpkin so we had to have help keeping him upright)
And lit up:

Lit up:

Today was the church harvest soup dinner and sale. Mom and I made 16 +/- batches of homemade noodles for the chicken and noodle soup -- boy was it worth it.........yummmmmmmmmm!
Mike is out at Grandma Imhof's farm today to finish taking down an out building so that they can bring in the wood and finish putting in the back door and do the finish work on the back porch. Will be glad to have that done!
The rest of the weekend looks like finishing up Halloween treats and making the goodies for the kids' parties Wednesday.
Will probably (hopefully) have more pictures before the end of next week :)
Enjoy!

















No comments:
Post a Comment