This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Gosh, it's been FOREVER since I've done just a regular update! Here goes.........

Mike - Mike has made his way back to the DASH diet. We used our Christmas money to get a treadmill and he's been making good use of it! Even up to some jogging! Not sure if I mentioned this before, but he's got this wierd thing on his right pinky finger.........had it looked at, at this point they're not sure what it is, but are thinking it's just a large pocket of fat. It's in too sensitive of place to just jump and say remove it, so we're playing the sit and wait game.

Peyton - Ahhhh, Peyton, hehe! Peyton has just absolutely blossomed this last month or so!!! With the assistance of glasses (he's a bit farsighted -- go figure after I'm so darned nearsighted!) he's finally reading very well and seems to be able to pay attention in class better. It's often like and day and night difference! He picked them out himself too, and I think he did a wonderful job! At first they were really cool (many of his friends have or have recently gotten glasses), but now their often just a pain, hehe. He only needs them for close-up work (reading, desk work, etc).

His asthma seems to be nicely under control after the flu bout (or did)..........that is until the last week. Not sure if it's allergies creeping up already or just this crazy up and down weather forcing a cold on. We're staying home from church this morning because he's not feeling well and has chosen to just snuggle up on the couch.

The school kids had their art at the local Arts Center this last month, and after painting that picture, he's really been into painting. He used the Valentine's money that Granny and Papa sent him to get some paints (so cool, the paint is in the "pen" part and then the end is a brush -- much less messy!!!!) and we got him some additional colors as well as a watercolor pad from us for Valentine's. He's painted many many pictures, and really enjoys it! We'll be considering letting him take some art classes at the art center this summer. He's decided he's going to be a painting artist :)

On a side note, it's definately approaching spring -- many of his jeans are getting too short, and the little pudge is coming on, indicative of a pending growth spurt. He needs new shoes but I refuse to get any until at least April (maybe May) when I'm confident he's through his spurt. Last year I bought him new shoes in March and literally two weeks later he had outgrown them, needing two sizes bigger!!!

Jazlyn - Jazlyn is looking forward more and more to Kindergarten. We had her Kindergarten screening a few weeks ago -- funny how so many things are still the same! You still get a colored circle sticker when you've completed a section, and they still put it on a name tag. You still have to raise your hand when you hear the beep, and you still get a cookie when it's all done! lol...........We did find out a few interesting things though while we were there -- there were essentially 3 areas that they tested to find out if they're ready for school, Cognitive, Language, and Gross Motor...........she did ok in cognitive and gross motor, but her language was nearly off the chart! lol..........that seems to be the general pattern for all three of the kids, so it's got me wondering, if that's their forte, what things should I be doing to enhance that? Julie, Pam, any of you smart mamma's that know, please do tell! Another interesting thing, when they do the hearing test, you know they put the big ole headphones on and make beeps, and the kids are to raise their hands when they hear one. Jazlyn did wonderfully, and I noticed that I could tell when they tested which ear because she changed hands. I commented on that to the person testing her, and she said that seems to be a mark of maturity, and she'd only seen a few in the several days that they'd been screening -- interesting!

We're getting closer and closer to recital time!!! Only 6 more classes I think Miss Jessica said! I haven't been able to watch much of their class as I'm usually chasing Brylie around, but I'm sure it'll be adorable as always! Her class' costumes this year are very similar to last year's, only blue, and feathers are positioned a bit different. Blue is a great color on her and I can't wait to get some pictures! Picture day is sometime in April, and recital is on Peyton's birthday, the 3rd of May (we'll be having Peyton's family party that morning for those of you wondering)!

Jazlyn has really taken an interest in spelling/sounding out/etc recently, and I know that will assist her in learning to read. We've worked some on it, but honestly, life has just been too crazy lately to think about much other than the necessities of the day!

Jazlyn had her well check not long ago and passed with flying colors! She weighed 52 pounds and was 45 3/4" tall -- 95th percentile for each!

Brylie..........Brylie Brylie Brylie...........where do I start with this stinker? I admit that this will be a long section on her, as she's changing so much every day, and I've captured so many darn cute pictures! lol.............

Lately we've been on a spurt of at least 2 new words a day.........most recent ones are: no, no; yes; diaper (she'll tell me now when she's gone poopy); coat; shoe; a few phrases like go bye bye, call gpa, etc......oh c'mon is a recent favorite, especially when she wants to go outside, she'll say go bye bye, coat, and then look at you and say c'mon! lol.............the last few days she's figured out how to frown, but it's clear she's not sure when the appropriate time to use it is, hehe..........funny funny!

This girl is a climber let me tell you! She climbs on the fireplace hearth to get onto the big chair, onto the big cube basket to get onto the love seat, onto the end table (yes end table, knocking over the lamp and everything) to get onto the couch, the dining room chairs to get on the table (and thus into anything left on the table), and even has attempted to scale the kitchen cupboards, stepping on the door trim and the hinges -- just wait till she figures out she really could climb the column of drawers!

She keeps us constantly on our toes, that's for sure!
.
Oh, forgot to mention that she's now figured out how to undo the babyproofing cabinet locks in the kitchen too..........starting to think maybe I should just drill a couple holes, thread a chain through them, and put a pad lock on!!!! YIKES!!!



Hope you enjoyed my "little" update, and we ask that you still keep us, and everyone else that's ill, in your prayers :) Thanks!

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........