This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The drama...........

........never ends at our house!

But first some other news/pics/happenings!

I just realized that I hadn't posted pics of our April Fool's foods yet!
We started off the day with bfast (which was frozen in the bottom half):

Jazlyn figured it out quite quickly, but it took Peyton a little bit:

Then we were on to lunch:



Cupcakes (aka meatloaf with tinted mashed potatoes - actually very yummy, lol), eggs (aka marshmallow creme with a dollop of lemon pudding), punch (aka jello that I let set up with a straw in it), and corn (nothing special there, hehe).

Jazlyn and Brylie ate here at home, and then we took Peyton's to him at school.

The kids couldn't believe he got to eat 3 cupcakes and an egg for lunch! His reaction was actually the most comical, as he first tried to drink his punch.........and tried.........and tried.........before he finally realized it was jello. Then he was on to his cupcakes, where he first felt the frosting and said "that feels wierd" then discovered what they really were (Jazlyn first unwrapped hers and said "Ewwwwww" as she thought there was something horribly wrong with the cake part of hers, hehe!). Anyway, it was fun, and teachers and kids alike had to come see!

Now back to the more recent events.........

Jazlyn had a ball at the birthday party she attended on Sunday! They fixed hair and nails and put makeup on:

They also made flip flops:

I think she may have had a little too much cake and ice cream though, as she ended up in the bathroom in the middle of the night. Her baby sister ended up throwing up too, but besides being very grouchy for a couple days, that was the worst of it.

Then we come to Tuesday..................
I had an engagement photo session (you can access my photography site by the link/graphic under my picture to the right) and then Founder's Day for sorority. When I got home (was only got but an hour) it was chaos!!! Mom and Dad had arrived to visit just before I left, and I found it odd that they were just leaving as I got home. Come to find out, Peyton was asked to get Brylie from another room, so he picked her up and carried her to the living room. No big deal. As he was setting her down she started to squirm and made a little more abrupt landing than normal, but again, no big deal, it was only about 18" down to the ground, and she more less slid out of his arms. BUT.........from that point on, she was crying/screaming (from my understanding) and WOULD NOT put any weight on her one foot/leg. It started to swell, so we gave her some motrin and iced it. It was obvious she was in pain. We decided to wait it out and see how she was Wed. Of course, she was still in quite a bit of pain and still would not put any weight on it, so I took her to the Dr. It's difficult since she still can't tell us exactly where it hurts, so we ended up taking x-rays of her entire hip/leg/ankle/foot. Turns out she's chipped one of her ankle bones!!! UGH!!! Since it's not a traditional break in which you would want the two pieces of bone to fuse together, she's not in a cast, but just ace-wrapped. We have to keep her off of it for a couple of days and then see how she does. It's mostly going to be what she can take, and we just hope the chipped piece doesn't get lodged in the joint (which would then require surgery).

So fun times at our house........the dishes are piling up, the laundry is too, and frozen meals are what's on the table, as she won't let me put her down.

I'm not sure what the Lord is trying to teach us during these last few months (except that we will forever have debt at the hospital and dr's clinic) but I wished we'd hurry up and learn it so we can move on! lol..................

Brylie also has her appt with the allergist coming up on Monday, so be praying for her about that too. If we have to do the whole back pricks thing it's going to be a looooooooong day!

And here are a couple of scrapbook pages I've done recently:


Brylie thought she was pretty hot stuff climbing up and getting brother and sister's Valentine's candy!!!


My baby girl and my baby brother Smile


Those of you that are visiting because I sent you an email, be sure to check back! I don't usually send out emails when I update the blog :)

2 comments:

Theresa said...

You really inspire me! Hey on that pic of Brylie in her hat; I think you should put some light reflection/flare on the tip of her fingertip. It's really the perfect picture to do that with. Hope you're having a great day.

Hugs,
Theresa

Theresa said...

oops...did my last comment come up?

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........