This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Oh my.....

Has it really been that long since I posted?!?!?! WOW!!!

Well, gosh.......for the most part everyone has been well. For the last 3 weeks all was well until we quit drinking our DanActive Immunity.........granted the two older ones just ended up with a 24 hour bug but still........

Prior to that, we had some interesting events occur. The Saturday before Easter Brylie ended up having an allergic reaction to peanut butter. In hindsight we probably should've headed to the ER, but her breathing wasn't alarming so we waited it out at home. It started about an hour after consumption and she started crying incosolably (sp?). When I picked her up, I could tell that her stomach was hurting just by the way she was holding herself. We immediately started going through what she'd eaten and discovered that it was probably the peanut butter that was the culprit. We gave her a dose of Benedryl, which she threw up (and again after another attempt). She developed the shakes and spiked a fever as well. After the third vomit, she immediately quit shaking, her fever went down, and she was fine. It was clear that she just needed to get it out of her stomach. I called the Dr on Monday and he absolutely agreed that it was most likely an allergic reaction and he made an appointment with the allergist. The earliest the allergist could get her in is April 21st, so we still haven't seen him yet, but were instructed to completely avoid peanuts (of course) as well as anything manufactured or processed in the same place as peanuts. You would be amazed at what that includes! Pretty much EVERY food product from Great Value is now a no-no, as well as many, many other things. I was reading up on the allergy, and you're to read the labels EVERY time you buy something, as they often change things and of course don't put a big star on the front of the box that says so :) Brylie has a well check tomorrow and I'm hoping to ask her regular Dr what to expect from the allergist visit. Mostly I'd like to be prepared if they are going to do the back pricking thing :(

In other news...........

Peyton and Jazlyn went to Texas with Granny and Papa (Mike's parents) to visit Memaw and Papa (Mike's gparents) for a few days before Easter. They had a BLAST and of course came home with (literally) a table full of candy and goodies!

The kids looked so sharp in their Easter get ups and had a ball hunting Easter eggs in the church yard after services! Brylie was a hoot during the opening hymn (Christ The Lord Is Risen Today) as she held her mouth wide open to "sing" Aaaaaaaleluia! hehe...........then we had Easter lunch with Mike's family - Grandma (Great), Granny and Papa, Uncle Brian and Aunt Joey.

Here is the pic I stole of the kids (we put Jazlyn's hair up in foam rollers the night before the picture):

And while I was practicing with the camera, I snapped this one of Jazlyn:


And yet another day I captured this of Brylie:

Peyton is counting down the days until school is out, and really enjoyed spring break. Jazlyn is counting down the days till her dance recital (May 3rd) and is really excited to get her costume this week!

Gosh, I'm sure there's stuff I'm leaving out................but it'll have to wait!

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........