This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Boy, summer has arrived.........

hasn't it?

We've been determined this summer to not turn on the big AC until July. We did finally dig out the window AC a few weeks ago to get us by, but this last week, when it was still 82 when we went to bed, we flipped it on.............not that it did any good, as we soon discovered that it's locked up or something. Ugh. Needless to say we won't be fixing it anytime soon (wouldn't that defeat the purpose of saving the money from that bill? lol).

So, we've been taking it easy, hitting the library and walmart, or going to the pool when it just gets too hot in here (which isn't until it goes above 96 or so).

Anyway, gosh, what else has been going on..........this was the kids' last week for golf and library functions. Kinda glad that that chaos is over, but now concerned with keeping the kids busy (and not bickering) for awhile till the other activities start :)

Jazlyn is playing tball this year, and hit her first "coach pitch" in her game last week. You'd still think we hadn't discussed what to do after hitting the ball, but that's part of the joy of watching tball, hehe! She doesn't hurry any too much getting to the base either, lol!

Last week Mike's Aunt and Grandparents from OK were here and we had a wonderful visit! We haven't seen them since last spring, so you can imagine their shock at how much the kids had grown.

Peyton's golf went well this year. He learns more and more each year. He did have to miss more sessions than I'd like due to illnesses and weather, but still well worth the $20! He did get kind of sidetracked a couple of times. A couple weeks ago he found a young bird that he was sure couldn't fly yet. Of course I told him to put it back where he found it and get his golf bag. He did, we came home, and were eating lunch when I said "Peyton why does it sound like there's a bird in the house????" at which point of course it hit me, he'd figured out a way to smuggle the thing home! That stinker had stuck that poor bird in one of the side pockets of his golf bad, and he had been there all the ride home and during a trip through walmart!!! I should've known when he insisted on taking his clubs in, instead of leaving them in the van as we usually do. UGH! Anyway, we decided that we'd make him care for it until it could fly (provided it would live that long). Turns out the thing could fly to begin with..........no clue why he didn't fly away from Peyton, lol! He's happily flying with his fellow birds now.

Of course the next couple of times we had golf, I was very suspicious and stated "no animals" as I dropped him off. We were doing good until last week, when he smuggled home 3 tiny little frogs. UGH UGH UGH!!!! THREE!!! At first we made him let them go in the garden, but then decided if he could find out, he could keep it in the old fish bowl for a bit (the things still had little tails left from the tadpole stage!!!). After much care, Froggy sadly died the next day, and is now buried in our flower bed. We're going to have to get a dog.........he just wants a pet..........he's so much like his dad in that regards..........

Both of the kids are involved in the summer reading program with the library this summer. Peyton has to read 300 pages a week (that was the option I chose, as if I said 100 mins he'd figure out a way to piddle that time away, and if I said 5 books they'd be early readers, so.........). Anyway, he's done VERY well, and has been making a daily trip to the library to read his 50 pages a day. Of course I always quiz him as to what book he read, what it's about, etc., to verify he did in fact read, and so far he's passed. He's learned some interesting things!

Jazlyn has to have 5 books read to her a week, which is nothing, lol. Brylie is a book fanatic too, so we've gotten LOTS of reading done this summer!!!

This last week a local church had a family night out. It started with a sloppy joe supper, a short family worship time (prayer and some praise music) and then the kids went and did crafts and played "carnival" games while the parents had a mini seminar on parenting. It was a WONDERFUL time and Mike and I are looking forward to making some changes in our household! Please pray that they go well, they are much needed! We also won 4 tickets to the movie theater, so we're stalking the marquee to see what's coming up :)

Dad started harvesting today, so the kids are all excited about when they get to ride in the combine! It's a wonderful lesson for them to see the wheat grow, head out, change, get harvested, etc and then talk about how many things wheat is in!!! They've also learned about wheat gum, and both like to eat it raw.

I had a engagement photo session last night with a fun couple! There are 3 of my favorites up on my website.

Sunday Peyton leaves for a few days to church camp! Luckily his teacher from last year, and our very good friend, Kara, will be attending as a camp counselor (I really think she just doesn't want to let Emily go without her, haha) so she'll be taking him down and bringing him back. I'm really glad it worked out this way, as she knows his medical conditions/needs (especially with the asthma this time of year) and he'll feel very comfortable having her around. This will, however, be the first time he's gone with anyone that's not family! I'm getting more nervous as the days progress...........

Next week Granny and Papa will make the trip out for Fourth of July festivities! They usually come and ride rides and play games with the kids at the freedom fest, then everyone (my parents too) camps out in our front yard to watch the fireworks and eat homemade ice cream!

Then on Sunday I FINALLY get to meet my dear friend, Theresa, whom I met online via digiscrapping!!! We feel like we know each others' families and I'm so glad they decided to vacation in CO so they had to go through here! hehe..........I'm also very much looking forward to having a photo session with them before they trek on to the Springs!

Brylie, oh my, has she grown. Physically, yes. But that little whipper snapper...........somedays I just wonder where she came from! lol............she is SUCH a silly girl (loves to dance, talk talk talk talk talk talk talk, pretend play, etc) and soooooooooo fiesty!!! She's taken to scratching and hair pulling lately. Sometimes it's out of self-defense against her siblings (she's drawn blood and left scratch marks on both of them) and sometimes it's just her way of getting that extra energy out..........too bad I can't safely put her on the treadmill! LOL.........she's quite the little fishy too........if you ask her if she wants to go swimming, she pops right up and nearly yells "YEAH!!!!" clapping her hands and heading towards her suit. I tell ya, somedays I worry about what the future brings with her -- is she getting it all out now and will just be a mellow, rule follower down the road (in which case, bring it on!!!) or is this just the beginning? Always amazes me how different the three of them can be.............seriously, she's a whole 'nother breed!

Mike and I are just pretty much along for the ride...........going where we need to go and doing what we need to do! Our current focuses (besides the kids of course) are getting our finances in order for preparation for the next sick season (seriously) and re-evaluating where our emphasis is for the kids/parenting. I've seen us team up more the last year than ever before (probably out of necessity, but wonderful, whatever the reason!).

Oh, I have a ton more to say, and pics to go with this post, but it's going to have to wait till tomorrow. Quarter after eleven, and I have more pressing things to do ;)

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........