This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Busy week!

It's all begun - the craziness is here! We have anywhere from 1-6 things EVERY evening during the week. It's simply insane!!! I've recently been bugged about why I don't do more adult

activities, but goodness sakes, not only do I have my few activities, but I also have the kids' as well! I think parents who are out of these seasons forget that.

Jazlyn started Dance for the year on Monday. We chose to do the after school rush and leave for more time before supper again this year. I admit it's going to be a bit of a challenge to get everyone picked up and her clothes changed/hair up and get to dance in time, but we'll make it!

Also on Monday, Peyton started Boy Scouts (technically Cub Scouts). He got bored with 4H (actually, he loved the project meetings, just really disliked the regular club meetings) so he decided to try scouts this year. He has 6 boys in his den (we're learning the lingo too, lol!). He seemed to really have fun!

Wednesday Jazlyn had an organizational meeting for Girl Scouts. She had so much fun meeting the other girls (several she knew, some she didn't). Technically she'll be in Daisies for this year and next year. Only bummer is that they don't sell cookies at this young age :(. She's looking forward to starting her real meetings this next week.

Thursday, after a game cancellation on Monday, Peyton finally got to play in his first flag football game. I would equate this game as the football equivalent to the first t-ball game in baseball - pretty chaotic, still learning the game, etc. Mike got roped into pretty much coaching their team, and was fairly nervous about doing it at first, but is enjoying it now! I think it's great for him to participate in the kids' activities in such an active role!

Peyton had a great time. Here are some pictures:



Thursday night was also our church women's group. This group is just amazing. I am the youngest at 29, and the eldest just turned 90 a few months ago. Somehow though we all pretty well mesh, and have a great time! Mom is the teacher, and I'm always amazed at how the Lord speaks to her about how/when to do what lessons. Since I had my camera with me, I couldn't resist taking a snapshot of the girls with their crowns on. We had one black jewel on there because we're not worthy, and to remind us to be humble. Then we went around the table and other's told us things about us that are worthy of "putting another jewel in our crown." I found it interesting that most of us said "Oh I wouldn't say that." But it was a good reminder that others don't see all of your faults.


Yesterday Mike and I were supposed to have a date night, but an oddly scheduled funeral that mom had to play for changed things up, and we'll just have some time today instead.

On the home front (aka during the day) I've been doing some spring, er, fall cleaning madly. Gotten rid of A LOT of clutter, sorted through the HUGE mountain (and I do mean mountain) of clothes that no one can currently fit in to. Seperated out into keepsake clothes, clothes to save for Brylie to wear, and TONS to get rid of. As I understand it our thrift store cannot take any more clothing due to fire safety, so I don't know if I'm going to try a late season garage sale or what. I have NO desire to list them on ebay, but any other creative suggestions are very welcome!

Yesterday Mike and I cleaned out the "pit" as it's become known - the odd storage area that was added on to the laundry room. Most of what was down there was tossed in there when we moved in 7 years ago and hadn't been touched since. We filled up the dumpster and have at least an additional 1/2 dumpster to haul out after trash day. I just couldn't believe how much stuff we had in there!

The pit is now all cleaned up (although could use a coat of paint) and with the addition of some area rugs is now the "toy room", which means we can now reclaim the family room as the family room - YAY!!!

The laundry room is nearly done, I have a small amount of things (namely socks) to sort through still, and then do a more complete vaccuum job. I'm so glad we got these done though; we had to get a new (to us) dryer yesterday. Our old dryer had to be run 3 times to get towels dry (doesn't work too well for a family who does anywhere from 1-2 loads just of towels a day!), AND something was off with the drum and I discovered it had rubbed clear through the metal and was catching our clothes and making black marks on them, ugh. That dryer was no less than 20 years old (probably even more though), so I didn't feel bad about tossing it out. We found a fairly new (less than 5 years old) used one at a local appliance store and they delivered it right away! Hurray!!!

Anyway, today the boys are at football practice, then Mike and I are going to have some adult time (aka go eat at China Buffet, yummmmmmmmmmmmm!) and Jazlyn's got a birthday party to attend this afternoon. Mike changes shifts (unfortunately) today to overnights (or as Peyton calls it, the month of grumpy). Let the 4 week countdown begin.

And I am simply exhausted listing everything! lol..........somehow I've really felt like I have crossed the threshold into adulthood these last couple months. Suppose that's a good thing since I'll be (eek!) 30 in a couple months. Something about actually keeping the house CLEAN (and for those of you that don't know me well, this is a HUGE deal!!!), having 2 kids in school with activities that keep us quite busy, and being happy to give up a couple of my own activites so that I can attend/participate in their activities as well as spend more time with them when they're home. I used to get involved in anything, so long as it got me out of the house and with some adult interaction, lol! Now I just want to stay home with my family! Boy how times have changed!!!

It's time for me to get back to life, the kids think they need breakfast ;)

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Erin said...

You're a busy little bee! Try putting your stuff on Craigslist - free, way easier than eBay, and you can make people come to you to get it. Better than a garage sale!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........