An update on Peyton
I'm too lazy to write an entirely new post on this, so I'm just pasting the email I sent out to family:
What a day it has been for him!!!
The kids have been passing around this throat thing, and this morning when he got up it appeared that it was his take to have the worst of it. Okay, we’ll keep him home. I noticed this morning he started to get a little congested so I put a call in to Toby (the massage therapist) and he worked him right in after Mike. Toby, lol, was his normal bright cheery self when he took Peyton in. When he came out however and was telling us how his treatment went (he said he got some really good toxin releases today, and that he was glad we hadn’t been in the room), I thought he was going to vomit. He had absorbed a lot of the toxins that Peyton had released in the room, and it was clear he needed to get them released himself!
So once again he is not congested, and while a touch hoarse, he says his throat doesn’t hurt at all. Wow! He has coughed once, and it was more of a nervous cough (this was pertaining to his dr appt later – more on that in a bit). We are so encouraged by the results he’s gotten so far with this!!! We’ve been thinking since his treatment on Tuesday if he really needs to go to Jewish, which by the way has a 3-4 month waiting list. The only thing I was really hoping would happen, even if he didn’t need an asthma work-up, was to find out what he is in fact allergic to.
Fast forward to this afternoon when he has his appointment with Dr Carr, the ear nose throat doc, about his consistently enlarged tonsils.
After uncovering that Peyton has been sick nearly every month in the last 12 months, he immediately decided that it would be best to have them out, and even more so once we spoke of his asthma. Because of his asthma though, it will have to be done in Longmont, where there are pediatric respiratory specialists, in case he gets into trouble. We will do this sometime after Thanksgiving, either the week after or the first part of December (which will be interesting considering Mike is supposed to be in class in Kansas City the 1-5th of December). We will schedule the exact date after our next visit with Dr Carr in November.
Meanwhile, we have to do a sort of dairy rotation (I can’t remember the exact term he used, sorry). We have to go 5 days with absolutely NO dairy products (mind you this includes not just milk but cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, butter, etc…………AND do you know how many food products have little things like milk powder or whey in them??? WOW!!!) then on the 6th day we are to just fill him with lots of dairy, then see what happens. We have to make notes of bowels, gas, behavior, everything about that 6th day. Oh, and did I mention we have to do this 3 times??? I’m stressing about this right now, trying to figure out what to make, what to send him for lunch, etc. (so if anyone has any great dairy free recipes feel free to share them! Lol).
Dr Carr also ordered him to get some blood drawn to check some allergies and thyroid even. Peyton was most nervous about this (not the fact that he has to under the knife, lol). Even to slight tears – he hadn’t ever had this done. Of course it was no big deal, but ya know.
While we were talking about the huge family history we have of allergies he said we may have to do some extensive allergy testing!!! YAY!!!! I told him I was all for that, as I really think there are many things, particularly food wise, that we don’t know he’s allergic to. We’re really hoping that he does ask for this, and then between this and Toby treating Peyton we’ll have this all fixed and not have to go to Jewish!!!
Anyway, another fairly stressful week with all three kids being ill Wednesday (actually Brylie got sick Monday evening) then being “ok” yesterday and the stuff today. I was hoping for a really quiet and relaxing weekend, but it looks as if it’s going to be filled with lots of recipe research, menu work, and grocery shopping instead :) I am so thankful though to just have to deal with “simple” things like this – my husband is here with me, not fighting a war and wondering if he will survive; all three kids are relatively healthy, I mean no cancer, they have all of their limbs and have full use of them, no disabilities – I know it could be horrible, but as it is, I can still hug and kiss all of them :)
Once again, thank you so much for all of your prayers and well wishes. I KNOW that they work!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment