This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

New digi page and pictures of Peyton and Jazlyn.....

Here's my scrapbook page for the goDigitalScrapbooking CT call - round 2.........

He got a new guitar with his bday money, and this pic of him playing it was perfect!

Ok, so here's what I did:

I took the big paisley paper and ran the sanded away action (from AC) on it, then placed it on the black bg.


I think the only other "special" thing I did was to use a newspaper clipping generator to make my journaling. Thought it fit well with the cool "theme" of the page.

The newspaper clipping reads:

Peyton has been wanting a guitar for several years now. Today Aunt Bev sent him $25 for his birthday, and we got the mail just as we were leaving for Walmart to shop with his other birthday money. Lo and behold right inside the front doors were some clearance carts with a kid size (but fully functional) electric guitar! Oh he was so thrilled! 'Course mom had to check to see if there was a headphone jack before agreeing to the purchase. It wasn't log and Peyton had organized a band and set up a concert date. But I don't know who's played with it more - Peyton or Daddy.

I took Peyton out last night to take some pics of him. My original thought was to take some by the railroad tracks, but the sun was so harsh (even at 7pm) that they didn't turn out well. There were a couple that I still like though.

I thought it would be fun to get a pic of him playing with a toy train on the tracks:


He thought it was a lot of fun until I told him we might get into trouble :) Luckily we only have two trains come through a day and this wasn't one of those times! He also found a couple of railroad spikes and thought they were pretty cool!

From there, we went to the Antique Warehouse. I like these pictures better:Peyton had a check-up Tuesday........ height was 52 1/2", weight was 71 pounds.......he was waaaaaay off the charts for his height (like two or three bars worth off!) and on the last line (97th percentile) for weight........needless to say Dr wasn't worried about his growth!

*A sidenote on growth - 3 weeks ago we went to get him some "crocs" at Walmart and the closest to his size they had was a 4. He tried it on and it was much too big (tennis shoes were a size 3). After he got his bday money he wanted to look again, but this time the closest to his size was a 5. Just to prove to him that they wouldn't work, I had him try them on, and I'll be darned if they didn't fit perfect!!! LOL.........2 shoe sizes in a few weeks........I'm in trouble.........*

Okay, back to his checkup. Allergies are still a prime concern for Peyton. We're changing things up a bit and moving to a nasal spray (to keep nasal passages from getting inflamed and to help with the drainage), and an inhaler for when we know we're going to be around triggers (ie fishing, riding horses, etc) for the asthma end of it. Dr did say that since we haven't had to do breathing treatments for a year now that his asthma will probably stay at about this level (if not grow out of all of it at next hormone change) for the rest of his life. I'm simply thankful that he won't have to do treatments every day.

If you've seen Peyton much you've noticed that he walks pigeon toed and on the inside of his foot. We tried using arch supports to help but it hasn't done much if anything, so we'll be seeing a orthopod soon.

Only other thing we really had to talk about was some food allergy/reactions........going to have to nix cinnamon and yogurt now. Not sure if they bother his insides (on the yogurt anyway) but it makes him have a nasty red spot on his face if he dribbles a bit.

And for Brylie, she's getting to be more and more vocal everyday! She got the fake laugh down pat, working on the fake cough. LOVES the mirror but is quite frustrated when she can't make her way to get that baby! Just sillier and sillier in general!

Whew! Well if you stayed with me through all that, thanks! Hope you enjoyed the update!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful photos!

Michelle Morrison said...

LOVE the guitar photo!! So sophisticated! I can't believe how big he's getting!! If he's wearing size 5 shoes, he's about to catch JARRETT in shoe size! Wow! Don't want to see your grocery bill when he gets to be a pre-teen!

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........