This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Update, praise, and freebie........

I decided to make a digi zip baggie today.........thought I'd share in case you wanna use it! I can see this being "stapled" to a page, holding a few pics and maybe some other goodies (ooooh, tickets if you're scrapping an event......buttons.......endless possibilities!!!)............

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE link me up if you use it! I'd love to see what you make!

You can download the baggie HERE

Mike's appointment went well this morning - NO SKIN CANCER!!! YEAH!!! BUT.......he got a good scolding about how high his blood pressure is, and his weight......sooooooo, she put him on the DASH diet.....I guess it's awesome at brining blood pressure down. He has to check back in with her in a month, and if both numbers aren't better, he's going to have to increase his pressure meds........She specifically told him NO SODA! Not only does it have a ton of sugar (which often ends up as fat/extra weight), it's full of sodium.......so if you see him drinking one, scold him! hehe..........

Jazlyn had quite the freak accident late this morning. I was in the kitchen cooking lunch and I saw the lights flicker weird, but I figured it was just the AC kicking on, then I heard a dish break, and Mike run into our room hollering for Jazlyn. I could smell a burning smell, and she had a black spot on her foot. Turns out she was getting into my breakfast bowl (shame on me, I scarfed it down while checking my email this morning and left it on a desk adjacent to my computer desk) and while stepping under the desk, happened to get her little toe onto an extension cord, but the item that was plugged in had worked its way loose and she touched right on the metal prongs while they were still getting juice. Poor thing, it really charred her little toe. She got enough of a charge that it made the computer reboot. We couldn't find any exit burns, but while we were quizzing her as to the chain of events, discovered that she was holding onto the metal spoon, which was still touching the bowl. The spoon transferred the electricity to the dish, keeping her from suffering it's effects (you should see the bowl!!!). God definitely had His hand in this.........all she got was a blister on the side/bottom of her little toe.........it could've been so much worse!!! Dr cleaned up some of the singed skin and gave us a script for some hefty antibiotic ointment, but said she was good to go, and he too couldn't believe that's all that happened to her! The cord is GONE, and we'll be investigating a better way to get everything plugged in as it needs to be.

Whew, I'm ready for some "boring" time! hehe.............

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy--
This is awesome!!! You're so creative--you've been holding out your designing skills on us!!!! I love this!!

Anonymous said...

Neat idea; thanks! I was holding my breath while reading your story and let it out when I knew your little one was ok. That's so scary!Her angels were really taking care of her!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! Cute idea! -jsj

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

T so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

IkeaGoddess said...

What a fun idea, love the baggie. Thanks for sharing.

xashee's corner said...

So fun and creative and thank you for sharing your talent! Have a safe & WONDERFUL holiday!

Anonymous said...

Too cool! Thanks for the baggie :)

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for your freebie... If you want i've got some freebie on my blog for you...

Karla said...

That's so scary about Jazlyn's accident! I'm glad she wasn't seriously hurt. I had two electrical burns as a child -- one plugging in a lamp and another while hot-wiring a car. That's not what it sounds like, lol! The starter went out on our old Ford, and my dad showed me how to hot-wire it until he could get a new starter on it. Now I've got to find a pic of that old car and scrap that story!

The baggie is a cool idea. I grow herbs and store some of them in baggies. I've been wanting to do a page (or maybe a series of pages) with my herbs. This will be perfect. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

too cool! thank you

Erin said...

Very cool element, Amy! Thanks! I just happened to see your blog from Amy W's list - can't believe I haven't popped over before now. Adding you to my feeds!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the baggie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much and glad your little one is a-ok! God always has his hand on us, even when we don't think about it.

Anonymous said...

What a creative little freebie! Thanks so much!

Fantacy so Sweet-n-Stuff... said...

I love your freebie! and i LOVE LOVE LOVE your playlist on your blog! thank you so much for your gift to us! Have a blessed week!!!

Anonymous said...

jayandjillball.blogspot.com

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........