Two steps forward, one step back.......
That seems to be the pattern.
Peyton - still no fever, but his asthma is getting increasingly more irritated. We got up in the night and gave him a dose of Tussinex (Robitussin with Codeine) and sat him in the bathroom with the hot shower running. He said when he was ready to go back to bed he'd shut it off and go to bed, so we crashed. 7:15 this morning the shower was STILL running and he was asleep on the bathroom floor, with a roll of toilet paper as his pillow!!! He's sleeping now -- hope I don't end up taking him back in :(
Jazlyn - no fever, her cough is a bit different, but she seems to be able to listen her body better and rest when she needs to. We'll see, but I think she's on the mend........
Brylie - After discovering that the pharmacist misconverted her script (they didn't have the correct strength, so had to substitute and didn't do the math correctly to change her dose -- you locals, is WAS NOT Walmart), I spoke with the dr and we decided on a plan of action, which included increasing her dose of steriod and doubling her Xoeponex dose. That helped SO much and while she's not 100%, she's definately better, and seems to be out from her fevers as well (just came out of meds 1/2 hour ago so we'll see). She has a recheck this afternoon.
Mike - thankfully he stayed home from work last night (I admit it was partially a selfish request on my part - I wasn't sure I could handle another night of meds every 2-4 hours by myself again!). By the time the day was over, he started feeling draggy again, but no fever. He's also sleeping now, thinking he's going to work tonight -- I on the other hand wish he'd just stay home (his last night of overnights) and keep himself progressing. Tasing went fine -- he said "It Sucked" and would prefer to not ever have that happen again. Somehow those COPS videos of people getting tased don't seem as funny to him anymore! lol
Me -- Well, I'm hanging in there. Patience isn't my best virtue, but I believe I've improved this week! I was finally able to put Brylie down this morning and tackle my HUGE laundry and dish piles a bit -- it's evident they've been growing for nearly a week now. So far I'm keeping my sanity - we'll see how much longer that stays true, hehe! I have enjoyed the extra cuddles from the kids though :)
No one is returning to normal activities until AT LEAST Monday........Peyton and Jazlyn have eye appointments that morning, and if they're well enough, we'll go and then stay home the rest of the day (I suspect after a week of being down that a trip to Colby for the appts will wear them out). Time will tell I guess if that plan works or not. Jazlyn will miss dancing for the local health fair this week :( Otherwise, no one's disappointed that their missing stuff.
Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers -- they are MUCH appreciated! Special thanks to Kara Smith and Amy Miller for providing supper last night -- what a relief! Thank you so much!
I think I'm going to try and catch a shower while I'm not urgently needed :) Wish me luck! lol










No comments:
Post a Comment