This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

I know, I know........

it's been awhile.......but we've been busy! lol

Before I get into what we've been doing, I have an update on my grandpa, and another prayer request for a friend.

Grandpa is doing well! All of the lymph nodes came back without cancer, and his scans came back great as well! He went back for a repeat scan on Friday (since the cancer had grown so rapidly before) which all came back clear!!! They did decide to go ahead and do some radiation just to be on the safe side. He will get 20 treatments - 5 days a week for 4 weeks. We are so, so grateful to all of you that have prayed for him!!! God does hear us all!!!

Ironically when I sent out my prayer request for Grandpa, I got an email back from a dear friend of mine. Without going into too many details (not sure how much she'd like me to share), she is in great need of our prayers as well. She has two lumps in her neck (thyroid) that are growing rapidly. She had some tests done last week and they showed that the lumps are cold, which means they could have cancer. My friend is only 30 years old, with a husband and two beautiful girls 5 and 7 months. This is not fair!!! She has been through so much in her life, and she never lets it beat her down -- she's such an inspiration!!! She will meet tomorrow with a surgeon to make arrangements about removing the lumps, and then go from there. Please, please pray for her and her family.

________________________

As for what we've been up to! May is generally a busy month for us, but seems to be more so this year!!! Last time I posted an "update" I just had time to post slide shows of Peyton's birthday party and Jazlyn's dance recital. The next week allergies hit the Fenner household and no one has gotten much sleep since. We're just now starting to head out of it all.

That Thursday Jazlyn had her graduation from Judi's Preschool! It's so sad! I can't believe she'll be entering Kindergarten next year :( and all day too! I can't imagine what it's going to be like to have the older two gone all day. Anyway, off of my pity party. Here is the graduate herself:


Right after her program we headed out of town to Salina, to capture my little brother proposing to his girlfriend! I played paparazzi and hid in the trees to snap some pictures, then acted like we just met them at the park to stretch our legs and take a break, hehe! The kids had fun feeding the geese and ducks in the park's pond:


And there was even a little family swimming around:

And some new ones waiting to hatch:


Then we headed on to McPherson. Friday we spent the day enjoying the All School's Day/May Day's festivities! We attended a huge parade (by our standards anyway, we're used to 10 min ones here!):


The kids enjoyed meeting with Smokey the Bear and the fire dog:



They sat on Granny's lap for most of the parade:


Then after lunch we visited the petting zoo:


Peyton got to ride a camel (Jazlyn was too scared):


And the older two played on a huge blow-up obstacle course, which, I think, they could've done ALL DAY!!!



Then Friday evening I had the pleasure of taking David and Ashley's engagement portraits! Family if you'd like to see them, just let me know :)

Saturday was busy busy! Mike, Brylie, and I went to Salina for the day to celebrate and attend Ashley's graduation from nursing school and her pinning ceremony. It was wonderful to meet her family and spend some time with my parents and brothers! Peyton and Jazlyn stayed in McPherson with Granny and Papa and attended the carnival, riding rides, etc. Boy did we have a lot to hear about when we got back!

Sunday we got to Salina in time to eat lunch with my parents, David and Ashley, and my uncle and his family (it was their first time to see Brylie!!!). Then we headed home. We did stop in Hays so that I could do some shopping at Fashion Bug, and I'm so glad we did!!! While I was shopping, Mike took the kids to walk around and ran into my friend that I mentioned above! I hadn't seen her for 6 years, and hadn't ever met her girls! I was so glad to see her, and give her hugs!!! It made the entire (long) trip back home sooooo worth it!!!

This last week was pretty much spent just trying to recover from everything. Monday was Peyton's well child visit. He's now 54" and 82 pounds -- at the edge of or off the chart for both, but at least he's proportionate! We did have to put him back on Singulair to try to tame his allergies. They were even keeping him up at night, which meant a very grumpy boy the next day. He's improved a great deal already!

Here are a couple of other misc pics from recently...

The girls reading Jazlyn's Highlights magazine:
Brylie and Grandpa in their overalls:


This is a busy week as well, starting with Brylie getting her peanut butter bath tomorrow (also known as a peanut challenge). That will take at least 2 hours, sitting in an exam room, with a child covered in peanut butter. Wish me luck. Then Jazlyn's got her first t-ball practice and Peyton's got 4H. Tuesday Peyton's class will take their end of the year field trip to a nearby dairy farm, and Thursday is the last day of school! Then we've got about a week before the summer rush starts.........funny, I don't remember summer being this busy! lol

Hope you enjoyed the update and pictures. I'm heading to bed, I'm pooped!

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........