This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Alright, alright

I know, it's been forever ;)

I keep thinking I'm going to get caught up with posting some of the kids' photos, but we're having computer issues so I can't ever seem to get them all resized and uploaded in one big sitting. So here goes a (nearly) photo-less post!

It continues to be pretty busy here, although we're slowing down DRAMATICALLY for the next few days with the heat!

Peyton and Jazlyn had swimming lessons starting the 14th for 2 weeks. I don't know if you remember from last year (well, the year before too), but Peyton has struggled and struggled to get the rhythm down to be able to do the front crawl good enough to pass (they have to do it half way across the pool). Well, first day, he does it perfectly the entire width of the pool! LOL He really seemed to bloom in regards to his swimming this year. He'll even go on the big slides and off the diving board this year (even the mention of either last year and you'd have thought we asked him to go get a shot or something). The pool is a lot more fun for him this year, and is excellent exercise for asthmatics as well.

Jazlyn is such a different kid from her brother! From the first day we went (for fun) to the pool this year she's been going under water, down the little slide, and trying to swim! We probably should've had her just test out of level one and start in level two, as she could already do all of level 1 plus some. Oh, and she was sure to point out to her big brother that she can do the front crawl ;) Needless to say they both passed with flying colors!

The day that swimming lessons was over they headed to Granny and Papa's (Mike's parents') to spend 6 days. Our wonderful friend (and Peyton's former teacher) Kara happened to be heading that way to pick up her step-daughters, so she was so kind to take our kids along and make the exchange with them as well. They had a grand time, and lots of stories to share each time they called! From horseback riding (and falling off) to fishing (and catching a minnow in the eye) to shopping (and being a picky little girl) to swimming, they had so much fun! I'm sure Granny and Papa were ready to send them home and get some rest! heheh..............Jazlyn I think could've stayed at least another week, but Peyton was getting quite homesick and was ready to come home. They both, of course, missed Brylie more than anything! She missed them especially the first day and was quite naughty at times trying to figure out what to do with herself, but quickly got used to the one-on-one attention. We feared it would be quite an adjustment for her for them to return home, but she did fine!

Today marks the beginning of fair week here, and the kids are looking forward to all that involves. Peyton lost interest in 4H, so they'll both just enter in the open class. Wednesday Mike and Peyton will make their annual visit to the PBR bull riding event here, and then we'll go out and enjoy the rides and such at family night on Thursday. We'll see, but I'm hoping to not have to attend every day/night this year.

Other than that, the next couple weeks is just going to involve surviving the 105-ish temps and getting ready for school. School starts here on the 20th, and I assume enrollment will be in the next week or so. School supply lists were FINALLY displayed for our district, so we'll be doing that soon too!!!

I am so ready for next week to be over -- not from the fair, but this ridiculous election!!! We've got one "heated" race here, and it's just been pathetic to see how childish people can be. From "misplaced" signs to trash talking where/when it's "not heard", and the thing I find the most hilarious, placing "re-elect me" signs in the yards of homes that are empty and for sale (interesting too that his wife happens to be their real estate agent, huh?). I suppose for those people who aren't smart enough to figure out that, hey, that house hasn't had anyone in it for 3 years, it may buy them some name recognition, but for the rest of us, it just looks pretty dumb! Amazing, too, how all of a sudden people do things for the community and seem to have acquired some newfound morals and ethics when it comes time for re-election, and particularly when they get some unexpected competition! Even if it doesn't turn out the way I'd prefer, it's sure shown some true colors, and made some of those already in office sweat a bit. Wiggle, wiggle!

That's pretty much the news at our house. Hot and busy!

Here's a recent scrapbook page I made of Brylie and my parents' neighbor's little granddaughter (who was actually due the week after Brylie, but ended up being a preemie!). Obviously some older pictures (Apr 07).

Sketch by Becky Fleck of Page Maps, kit "Mini" by Designs by Krista

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........