This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Monday, December 22, 2008

It's the most crafty time of year!

I *LOVE* paper crafts!!! In fact, it seems EVERY holiday I have so many things I want to make I of course never get them all made, and I usually end up giving several things to people I don't normally gift, lol! That's ok of course :)

First is a non-paper craft, but I thought it was cute anyway:) We have a yearly tradition of us Griffith girls getting new fun socks at Christmas. I usually try to find the soft fuzzy ones, but I couldn't find any that were Jazlyn and Brylie's sizes this year, so we went with fun holiday ones that blink. I rolled them up around a Lindor truffle (or in the little girls' case a chocolate Santa because they were nut safe) and tied them up with this cute ribbon that says "I believe." Unfortunately we forgot to get a pic of us all wearing them this year.


Next is the envelope I made for Mom's massage gift certificate. Not only was it a really odd size and shape, but I wanted something festive, so I made it with a sheet of 12X12 scrapbooking paper. You'll see more of these papers as I finish up all of my projects :)

This one is so darned cool.............It's called a box card. When it's closed/flattened it simply looks like a card..........


but when you pull the two sides apart it opens up into a box! I made this to put a picture of what my brother was getting (it hadn't arrived yet - although it ended up arriving in time, I still used this, lol). This would also be fabulous for a check/money gift, gift card, gift certificate, even just some hot cocoa.

This one is a gift card holder. Unfortunately I forgot to snap a pic of it open, but the bottom flap is only about 1.5" tall and is fastened down to the back with two mini-brads, then the top is just folded down and secured with the ribbons for easy opening (just slide them off).

I have more, but can't post yet! That'd ruin the surprise! hehe

Off to tend to my snickerdoodles and sugar cookies :)

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........