This week's memory verse:

Eph 4:32

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Geez, has it been that long?

First off I need to say
HAPPY 31ST BIRTHDAY MIKE!!!

It has just been a mad house around here! No dull and boring moments to be found, hehe!

We made it to Jewish in Denver, with a great visit, and found out that Peyton is only allergic to nuts, although he continues to have allergic-like symptoms to dairy. We've been testing out the lactaid to see if it helps, I'm not convinced so far. So he now has to carry around Epi-pens just like we do for Brylie, and I've gone in and shown all of his teachers and officer personnel how to use the Epi-pen (which I'm surprised they haven't been instructed on earlier - I know I don't have the first peanut allergic child to go through public school!).

The week after that visit I was scheduled to teach preschool while the teacher/director went with her husband to a conference in Flordia. That went very well and I was able to get right back into the groove from when I was her helper before Brylie was born. And boy is it a good thing that I was her helper for a couple years!!! While she was gone, she fell and broke her shoulder. She found out yesterday that she will be having surgery on Saturday and is not to attempt preschool for a couple of months. So, I will be teaching for awhile! At least until the first of the year, and we'll see how she's doing and if she gets the ok to go back after Christmas break. I'm (we're both) so glad that I know what to do and when, and where (most) things are! She said last night she would've just had to cancel preschool if I wasn't able to teach. I'd hate for the kids to miss their Christmas party and all!!!

In addition to teaching, I have been so busy with family portraits this month! Everyone seemed to hear at once that I'm in business and I now have a bit of a wait list if anyone happens to cancel. It's crazy, but I'm loving it!!!

All this in addition to my original stay-at-home plan of medical billing! Now you know why you haven't gotten an update! LOL

Awhile back Peyton had razzed me a bit as to why I didn't "work" (of course running two businesses from home doesn't count as work in his eyes, nevermind taking care of the house and everyone!). This morning he decided he didn't like me "working" as he's to the bottom of his sock drawer and the ones that are left are a bit too small. I'm sure he didn't catch on when I pointed out to him that that's what happens when I have to "work", but I got my jab in anyway :)

Mike's also decided that he doesn't care for this arrangement, but will tolerate it while it's needed. I'm not sad that this is requiring some effort from the other occupants of the house. It's good for all of us, and we'll all appreciate the "normal" times when they come.

Fortunately I'm able to take Brylie with me to preschool when needed. She doesn't care for the routine though, mostly having to sit at circle time, hehe. She'd much rather be up and playing with the babies! It's good for her, too, though, and the preschool kids as well -- a few of them don't have younger siblings and aren't sure how to deal with little ones!

Anyway, I keep getting interrupted by a toddler that keeps trying to give her baby a drink from the water bottle and then has a mess to clean up, and now I've forgotten my train of thought, so I'm going to jet for now. Just know that I'm not purposely avoiding y'all, I just simply do not have the time (in fact lately all of the computer time I've been able to squeeze in has been to edit photos -- you should check them out! There's a link to Sweet Peas & Memories Photography right below my picture in the column to the right).

Ciao!

No comments:

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

Created by OnePlusYou - Free Dating Sites

Some of my favorite songs..........